CLickN KIds: Click, Learn and Read Discount School Supply - Same Day Shipping

Monday, March 22, 2010

PREPARING - WHAT WILL YOU NEED FOR YOUR BABY??

Is it ever too early to start planning for your new arrival?  MY personal answer to that question is no!  Maybe you will have a baby shower or maybe you won't.  If you think you might be in the "won't" category, then I definitely suggest starting early.  If you buy a little at a time throughout your pregnancy, you won't notice it in  your pocket book near as much.  Believe me, I go this route every time, from diapers to larger, more expensive items. 

So, one of my "must haves" is a baby bouncer.  It is great to have something portable.   This way, you can take the baby anywhere you go, around the house.  You could also take it with you outside of the house as well, if you are going to visit someone, etc.  I like my bouncer to have 2 features in particular.  I prefer that the bouncer vibrate and play music.  This can help with putting the baby to sleep or even as entertaining the baby, as he/she gets older.  Most bouncers also have some toys that you can attach on the front, for the baby to look at and play with.  By the time your baby reaches about 12 weeks of age, he/she will be able to entertain themselves on some level for short periods of time, and those toys really help with that.

Bouncers are like having an extra set of hands for me.  And what mother couldn't use an extra set of those!!!  I use my bouncer for everything.  My baby goes in the bouncer when I shower, cook, fold clothes, the list goes on.




Keep in mind that bouncers range greatly in price.  I do have an Amazon link to one that I like.  This one swaddles, so you can use it from birth on until they are too big for it.  Once the baby can sit up on its own, the bouncer is no longer recommended, as the baby could tip and fall forward.

Also keep in mind that most of these wonderful products that make our life easier, also require batteries.  I like to stock up on those as early as I can as well.  Those can get expensive.  I highly recommend you getting one of these, even if it isn't the one I have selected.  Amazon has tons of baby bouncers and has lots of free shipping deals.

1 comment:

  1. A wrap or other soft baby carrier is a great way to get things done while keeping your baby close to you, the way he expects. Babywearing helps babies grow and gain better while maintaining a quiet alert state, and can help solve many breastfeeding problems.
    I consider one good carrier the ONLY thing a baby needs, besides me.

    ReplyDelete