CLickN KIds: Click, Learn and Read Discount School Supply - Same Day Shipping

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

EMOTIONAL CHANGES DURING PREGNANCY

Ah yes, those wonderful flood gates that seem to open at the most inopportune times.....One day you wake up and feel fine.  You are ready to take on the world.  You finish getting ready, and then boom!!!!  Out of nowhere, you burst into tears and just sob.  Something as small as your husband leaving an empty shampoo bottle in the shower, may have triggered it.  Or maybe nothing triggered it at all.  You have a good cry, splash cold water on your face and feel as cheerful as you did when you woke up.

This behavior is common and very normal during pregnancy.  It is due to all of the hormonal changes that are taking place in your body.  Those changes effect your emotions.  The good news is that this normally tapers off by the end of the 4th month, when a new balance of hormones has leveled off.  (I once acted like a raving lunatic, when my husband ordered his hamburger without pickles.  He doesn't like pickles but I do so he normally would just give them to me.  Well this time he ordered the burger without pickles and I decided he didn't love me anymore.  I still laugh about it to this day)

You may also be having anxieties (especially if you are a first time mom) that you may not want to mention to anyone.  You may be afraid of what someone might think or that you would be judged.  So, you keep them to yourself.  You may be asking yourself questions like:  Will the baby be normal?  Is labor going to hurt and how much will it hurt?  Will I be a good mother?  Am I ready for the responsibility of being a mother?  How will this affect my relationship with my husband?  Truth be told, the majority of women ask themselves at least some of these same questions.  You are not alone.

All off these fears and/or anxieties can easily be put to rest by simply bring them out and into the open.  An intelligent, rather than an emotional look at the answers to these questions, will help put an end to your apprehensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment