CLickN KIds: Click, Learn and Read Discount School Supply - Same Day Shipping

Thursday, April 15, 2010

STRETCH MARKS

About 90 percent of women experience stretch marks, to some degree, during pregnancy.  Stretch marks are a type of scar tissue that forms when the skin's normal elasticity is not sufficient to accommodate the stretching required during pregnancy.  The most common place for stretch marks to occur is on the abdomen.  Some women do experience stretch marks on the breasts, buttocks, or thighs as well; sometimes even on the arms.

Things you can try:
  • Make sure that your diet contains the adequate amounts of essential sources of nutrients needed for healthy skin.  The most important vitamins are Vitamin C and Vitamin E.  Protein is also very important.
  • Remember that stretch marks are caused from within, and external creams won't prevent them.
  • Even though keeping your skin soft and moisturized won't prevent stretch marks, it might help minimize them.  There are MANY creams out there to help keep your skin nice and soft throughout pregnancy; or anytime.
  • Stretch marks don't normally disappear after delivery, but over time, they will tend to fade.
Although there is not cure for stretch marks, I find that the best form of action to keep them to a minimum, is to keep your skin moisturized and to try not to gain your weight too quickly.  If you gain weight at a slower rate, it can help minimize the stretch marks.  DON'T STARVE YOURSELF!!  I am just pointing out that those big and quick growth spurts can possibly make those stretch marks a little bit worse.

Please also remember that stretch marks can also be hereditary.  By that I mean, that a lot also has to do with how elastic your skin is and genetics has a lot to do with that.  So a lot of it is out of your control.  Again, keep that skin moist and try not to gain the weight too quickly.  Outside of that, there is not much you can do.

I know I spoke about these products before, but since I have commented on keeping that skin moist, I wanted to mention this product again.  I love it and think it bares repeating.


Please, please try this product!!  You won't regret it and these products are anywhere from 94 to 97 percent natural.  I highly recommend it during pregnancy or ANYTIME.  They also have a Baby Carrots line that is ALL natural.  It is good stuff and I will promote it often.  I just found it myself a couple of months ago.  I wish I had tried it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment