CLickN KIds: Click, Learn and Read Discount School Supply - Same Day Shipping

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NOSEBLEEDS DURING PREGNANCY

As you may already know, during pregnancy, hormone levels increase.  This increases the amount of blood your body makes to meet the needs of your growing baby.  The mucous membranes inside your nose may swell and become dry, and can bleed easily as a result of the increase in your hormone levels. 

Try this to help:
  • Increase your fluid intake.
  • Use a cold mist humidifier to moisten the air in your home.  (Be sure to clean the humidifier regularly.)
  • You can also use saline nose drops to help open your nasal passages.  Saline drops are safe for even the newest of babies so don't worry about using them if you need to.
  • I also would put Vaseline on a q-tip and rub it on the inside of my nose.  It really helped with the rawness and the bleeding.  And it is perfectly safe.  I did mention it to my doctor and he said it was fine.
My doctor told me that all Tylenol products are safe throughout pregnancy.  I used Tylenol Sinus, but as I always say, please speak with your health care provider before using any medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment