CLickN KIds: Click, Learn and Read Discount School Supply - Same Day Shipping

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

QUICK TIME AND MONEY SAVING TIP FOR THE KITCHEN

Do you find that you ask yourself every day "What should I make for dinner?"  For the longest time, I would go to the store week after week, making sure to buy plenty of meat, etc. but yet, I never really knew what I was going to cook for the week.  Each day I would take out some meat to defrost, but then I would think, "Okay, so what will I make with this tonight?"  I never really had a real plan.  There were many nights that I started trying to decide what to make too late at night, and then we ended up eating out.  Well, that sure didn't save money and is definitely not the healthiest alternative. 

Well, I recently had an epiphany!  I got out a piece of paper and listed things that I make for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinners.  I got help from the family so I would be sure not to leave anything out.  Now, every week before I go to the store, I get together with the kids and hubby and ask what they will be wanting for that week's dinners.  We/they pick a meal for each night.  I take into account if we will have enough for left overs (depending on what I am making), etc.  I can't tell you how much easier this makes my week because it is simply one less thing I have to think about.  Each day I know what I will be making so it's really simple. This is also a great way of including the entire family on one of the most important things you do together.  Eating!!!

Anyway, this REALLY helped me a lot so I really wanted to share it.  I also bought a "ready made" grocery checklist.  It comes on a magnetized tablet so I can hang it on the refrigerator and simply check things off as we run out of them.  This list literally has things in categories such as produce, meat & fish, etc.  Using a grocery list of any kind, also saves time and money.  You'd be surprised how much impulse buying we do; especially if we are hungry when we go to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment