CLickN KIds: Click, Learn and Read Discount School Supply - Same Day Shipping

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

GLIDING ROCKER - ANOTHER MUST HAVE!!!!

A gliding rocker is another "must have" item of mine.  I am sure many moms have gotten along just find without rocking chairs, but I personally could not live without mine!

After my first child was born, he was in intensive care for a few days.  I remember going into the NICU to visit him, for the first time.  The NICU had gliding rockers next to each baby bed.  They must have been a pretty new thing back then, as I had never seen them before.  But I was in heaven sitting in this chair and just knew I had to have one.  That gliding rocker is still in my living room; almost seventeen years later.  It still glides beautifully. 

Gliding rockers are a wonderful place for bonding with your baby, feeding your baby, putting your baby to sleep, etc.  I have spent countless nights and hours in my gliders, so comfort is key.  Be sure to choose a glider that has thick cushions and sufficient distance between arm rests.  (If the arms rests are too close together, and you plan to breastfeed, it may be more difficult and uncomfortable) 

Gliders range greatly in price.  I have seen them as low as $70 and as high as several hundred dollars.  I recommend meeting in the middle somewhere.  These are just one of those items that I recommend making an investment in.  It is a great piece of furniture for any nursery, but can also be used for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment